As a solo artist: Dave has perfected the art of creating a lively ambiance for your event, without being too loud or intrusive. Dave plays with unique "backing tracks" he makes himself, using his top quality sound system (you can hear what it sounds like on this site). Close your eyes and you'll think you're in a sophisticated jazz supper club!
As a duo with vocalist Shari Pol, pictured left: Shari has been singing professionally in a variety of venues since the age of 18 and brings a warm sophistication to classic tunes from the American songbook. You can hear her sing on "Blue Skies", "Call Me" and "You Go To My Head" on the MP3 player on the Music page.
In a quartet: When you want a full band sound for your dinner or dance party! The Dave Jones Quartet includes sax, bass, piano and drums. Other instrumentation is available, including additional horns and vocalists. You can hear a quartet sound on the "Rosetta" recording on the MP3 player on the Music page.
Wedding Services: As quoted and can include pre-ceremony, ceremonial and post ceremonial music, religious or secular, including pre-recorded music by your request. Shari Pol is often a featured artist on wedding gigs!.
Corporate Events: Dave has played many conventions and other large scale meetings, trainings, dinners and parties for national and international organizations and corporations in New Orleans and elsewhere. Dave can bring that upbeat New Orleans jazz flavor to your event as well. All band configurations are available. Please call or email for a quote and references.
1. Unless agreed to otherwise, all engagements require a 50% deposit at the time of booking, and the balance due is to be paid immediately upon completion of the engagement. Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card.
2. Since in many cases Dave has declined other offers for the date(s) of your booking, the 50% deposit is non-refundable (except in the case of "acts of God" emergencies). Please notify Dave as soon as you know you are cancelling your booking.
3. For outdoor events, clients are encouraged to have alternate indoor locations arranged in the case of extreme weather.
4. Once Dave has set up his equipment, full payment is required even if you cancel the gig.
5. Extra charges may be incurred if: a) equipment has to be moved to a second location during the gig; b) requested songs have to be learned; c) extra playing time is requested; d) equipment has to be carried up and down stairs, onto boats, or over rough terrain.